- Januari (26)
- Februari (38)
- Mars (41)
- April (25)
- Maj (24)
- Juni (25)
- Juli (11)
- Augusti (22)
- September (79)
- Oktober (24)
- November (11)
- December (14)
Stanford Global Energy Heroes Competition
Stanford Global Energy Heroes is a global competition to recognize young people around the world who are using sustainable energy to make a positive impact in their communities. Hosted by Stanford Energy Club and the Stanford Precourt Institute for Energy, it aims to inspire direct action to reduce carbon emissions in communities worldwide to: (a) provide access to affordable energy; (b) minimize environmental impact such as air and water pollution and carbon dioxide emissions; and (c) enable scalability and wide adoption.
We invite anyone ages 18-30 to share a unique solution they have implemented that incorporates sustainable energy. Possible solutions may include a technology, business model, advocacy initiative, or anything else. To apply, all you have to do is submit an up to three minute video explaining your work and its impact.
Eligibility and Submission Guidelines
- Competition entrants must be between ages 18-30 at the time of submission
- Submissions can be individual, or in teams of up to three members
- The video must not exceed three minutes in length, and should be submitted as a YouTube link
- The video must include all team members speaking directly into the camera. The entrants may speak in any language, but should insert English subtitles if not speaking in English.
- No sophisticated video editing is required. While we hope videos are engaging and easy to understand, we judge entries solely on their content. Please see Judging Criteria for more information.
Three global energy heroes will be selected to receive a combination of cash, travel support and admission to the 2020 Global Energy Forum at Stanford University on May 6-7, 2020:
- Cash award of $20,000 for entire team of global energy heroes
- Exclusive trip* for all team members to attend the 2020 Stanford Global Energy Forum in Stanford, CA
- Opporutnity to showcase your work at the Global Energy Forum
- Networking and engagement with energy leaders in the Silicon Valley and beyond from academia, industry, government, and the finance sector
*Trip includes airfare and accommodation support worth up to US$ 3,000 per person, as well as entry to the Global Energy Forum and the meals provided at the Forum. Travel must adhere to Stanford University travel policy and travel expense policy. Travel support may not be substituted for actual cash.
Submissions will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Potential for Impact: Does this solution have the potential to create real world impact on a large scale (e.g., carbon emissions reductions, cost savings, access to power, job creation)?
- Feasibility: How scalable is your solution? Does it account for cost, geography, and other practical constraints?
- Innovation: How does your solution differ from conventional practices? What were the greatest challenges you had to overcome?
The top three winners will be selected by a distinguished judging panel, consisting of global energy leaders representing industry, policy, academia, and finance.
- Applications due: Friday, January 31, 2020, 11:59 PM PST
- Finalists Announced: Monday, February 17, 2020
- Winners Announced: Monday, March 2, 2020
- Prizes Awarded: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at Global Energy Forum in Stanford, CA